Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
1. 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1 1/2 cups mix dry fruits, nuts and candied
3. 3/4 cup yogurt
4. 1/3 cup vegetable oil
5. 1 cup brown sugar powder
6. 1 teaspoon baking powder
7. 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
8. 1 tablespoon vinegar
9. 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
10. 1/2 teaspoon clove powder
11. 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger powder (soth powder)
12. 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
13. 1 cup red wine
For soaking nuts:
1. Chopped the Dry fruits and nuts. ( I use tutti frutti, dried currants, figs, dates, candied orange golden raisins, apricots, cherries, cashews, walnut and almonds)
2. Than mix all in a glass jar add in wine cover and soaked for overnight or up to 36 hours.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line the bottom and sides a two cake pan. 2 8 (I used one round 9”pan and one 10” rectangle pan) Set aside.
2. Shift the flour, baking powder and baking soda twice. Set aside.
3. Add in cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg powder and keep aside.
4. In a bowl, add room temperature yogurt and sugar, beat till the sugar is almost dissolved. Add vinegar and mix well.
5. Leave aside for 5 minutes, and you will find that bubbles/fizz appear on the top.
6. Add the vegetable oil, mix well. Slowly fold in the flour without over mixing. Fold the flour into the batter till it is incorporated.
7. Sprinkle 2 tablespoon flour over the soaked dry fruits and fold them into the batter lightly.
8. Do not over mix or over beat the batter.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared tins and bake at 180 C for 40 to 45 minutes or untill done.
10. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack than remove from tin.
11. Let them cool covered. Tastes best as they mature, hold your pangs for a minimum of 12 hours before digging in.... enjoy!