Falooda or Faluda is a popular beverage in South Asia made by mixing rose syrup with vermicelli with either milk or water.Falooda is an adaptation of the Persian dessert Faloodeh and was brought to the Indian subcontinent during the Mughal period.It is very similar to the Thai drink "Nam Manglak", which is made from basil seeds mixed with sugar, water, and rose waterHere I'm making this falooda using Thai product that's why i give name Thai falooda and it's taste like original falooda. so let's check.
Serve 2 large glasses.
1. 2 cups chilled milk
2. 1/2 cup rice noodles or vermicelli sev
3. 1 teaspoon basil seeds (Takmaria)
4. 1/2 cup sala syrup or rose syrup
5. 1/2 cup ice cream + 2 scoops for serving
6. 1/4 cup sugar
1. Soak the basil seeds (Tukmaria) in half cup water for 10 minutes.
2. Add less water in pan let it boil add rice noodles and cook.
3. Add chilled milk, sugar and rose syrup in blander and bland well.
4. Add 2 tsp basil seeds and half cup ice cream in milk and mix well.
5. In a glass, add half rice noodles and than pour the chilled milk.
6. Garnish with one scoop of ice cream and serve quickly.
Note: Here i use home made kaju draksh (Cashew and raisin) ice cream, if u use vanilla ice cream than add little cardamom powder and garnish with nuts.
You may also like: