Stuff onion curry is very delicious kathiyawadi (saurashtra) curry (sabji), mostly this curry eaten in village and ruler area. This curry is mostly prepared in rainy season because during that time most of the vegetables are not available that’s why people make this curry in monsoon season. This curry is good going with chapati, paratha and rotla…
1. 4 to 5 medium size onion
2. 2 tablespoon cumin coriander powder
3. 1 tablespoon red chili powder
4. 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
5. 1/2 teaspoon gram flour
6. 2 tablespoon crushed peanut
7. 1 teaspoon sugar
8. 3 tablespoon oil
9. 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
10. 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
11. 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
12. Salt to taste
1. Peel off the onions skin and wash.
2. Cut them into four halves at the center of each onion (be careful don’t cut the onion into two parts).
3. If possible scoop out from the center and keep aside.
4. In one bowl add 1 tablespoon oil and mix with coriander - cumin powder, garam masala, chili powder, salt, sugar, gram flour, and peanuts, mix well.
5. Fill this stuffing in each on the onions, heat the remaining oil in pan.
6. Add cumin, mustard seeds after crackle them add asafetida, now add stuff onion and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Now add little water than cover the pan with dip lid and add little water on the lid than cook them in very low flame about 5 to 7 minutes.
8. If needed add little water every 2 minutes in pan.
9. Serve hot with roti, paratha or rotla.
Add water on the lid and pour some water in curry, its help to curry never becomes dry or burn.
You may also like: