1. 1 cup corn meal/maize flour
2. 1 cup all-purpose flour
3. Luke warm water as needed
4. 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
5. Salt to taste
6. Flour to help rolling (wheat or all-purpose)
1. In bowl mix the flour, salt and oil.
2. Than add lukewarm water to make smooth, soft and pliable dough.
3. Knead the dough on a lightly greased surface.
4. Cover the dough and give rest for 30 minutes.
5. Now divide the dough into 10 to 12 equal parts.
6. Roll each ball into flat 8 inch. round disc.
7. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin or rolling board, lightly sprinkle dry flour on both sides of semi rolled tortillas.
8. Heat the griddle in medium heat.
9. Place tortilla on griddle and cook for 30 seconds, turn and cook until slightly puff.
10. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cover in zip lock bag and store in refrigerator for a week.
You may also like: