1. 2 cups diced unripe(green) sour mangoes
2. 2 cups brown sugar or jaggery
3. 3 tablespoon sunflower or sesame oil
4. 1 teaspoon asafetida
5. 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
6. 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
7. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
8. 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
9. 2 dried whole red chilies
10. 2 small stick cinnamon
11. 2 bay leaf
12. 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
13. 1 teaspoon salt
14. 3 tablespoon methiyo masala /sambhar masala or pickle masala
1. Wash clean and peel the mangoes, cut in small pieces.
2. Heat oil in pan add asafetida, mustard and fenugreek seeds let it splutter.
3. Than add cumin and fennel seeds along with red chilies, cinnamon and bay leaf.
4. Now add diced mangoes and turmeric powder and mix very well. Cook in medium flame until mango gets tender ( u may need to add 1 tablespoon of water, if ur mangoes are little juice like my than u no need).
5. Now add brown sugar and bring it to boil. Stir occasionally.
6. Cook till mangoes are cooked and mixture is semi set or 5 to 7 minutes. (It will thicken further when cool.)
7. Turn off the flame and add methiyo/ sambhar masala. Mix very well.
8. Set aside to cool than pour it in sterilized bottle store about 3 to 4 month than refrigerate for later use.
9. Good going with roti, paratha, thepla, dhebra or bread.
Note: If u want more syrup in pickle than additional half cup of sugar.You may also like: