Happy Diwali to All My Dear Blogger Friends…!!! On this auspicious occasion I am posting a very unique sweet recipe. “Fig Burfi” its very easy and quick sweet and my family love it so……it is here.
Ingredients:1. 1 cup khoya,
2. Dry fig 10 to 12 pieces,( here I use Indian dry figs )
3. 2 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee),
4. 2 tablespoon semolina (suji),
5. 1/4 cup sugar,
6. 2 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee),
7. 1 teaspoon cardamom powder (Elachi),
8. 1/8 cup Sliced blanched almonds,
1. Cut the figs in small pieces and keep aside.
2. Heat the pan very slow flame and add the ghee than add semolina and roast until semolina is pinkish color.
3. Now add khoya until its change color or 2 to 3 minutes (time is depending to your khoya quality).
4. In this mixture add sugar and cook 2 minutes.
5. Now turn of the heat. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Add fig pieces and mix well.
7. Buttered square baking dish/tray. Decorate with fig and almonds same like picture.
8. Transfer mixture of fig in this tray and chill for 8 hours or put in refrigerator for 4 hours.
9. Cut into 1 inch diamonds or squares.