Pesto is an Italian sauce made of fresh basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, Parmesan cheese and salt. The word "pesto" originates from the word "pestle" which means ground or pounded. The original method to prepare pesto with marble mortar and wooden pestle.
Pesto is savory sauce for spaghetti or lasagna, gnocchi, or any kind of pasta. Serve it with vegetables or add to vegetable soup. Make traditional pesto without nuts, but it always include basil, garlic and olive oil.
Pesto having many variety, A Peruvian version of pesto uses spinach, different kind’s of nuts and is made with grilled red or green pepper. other kinds of pesto use black olives, mushrooms, as well as lemon peel and coriander leaves or also mint leaves. Pine nuts are costly in Asian markets so many company use walnuts, hazelnut and cashew too. it’s very easily make at home like Indian “chutney” and its very chip too.
1. 1/2 bunch coriander,
2. 1/2 bunch parsley,
3. 1/2 bunch basil (just leaves),
4. 2 scallions ( spring onion),
5. 1/2 cup roasted walnuts,
6. 1/4 cup roasted cashew nuts,
7. 5 to 6 cloves garlic,
8. 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
9. 1/4 cup olive oil,
10. 1 tablespoon lemon juice,
1. 3 cups cooked pasta,
2. 4 to 5 pieces sundries tomatoes,
3. 1 tablespoon olive oil,
4. Freshly ground pepper,
5. Salt to taste,
1. Wash basil, parsley, coriander and spring onion and pick the leaves off of the stems.
2. In food processor jar add garlic and nuts than grind.
3. Now add all leaves and olive oil than grind again.
4. Add in the grated Parmesan and grind this mixture until it forms a thick, smooth paste.
5. Add lemon juice and store in refrigerator for about a week, or you can freeze it and it will last for 2 to 3 months.
6. Put one tablespoon oil in pan than add sundries tomatoes and toast.
7. Add pasta and salt mix well than add one cup pesto and mix well ( Mostly people serve it over pasta.).
8. Now add black pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve.