Ghevar is an authentic Indian (Rajasthani) sweet. This sweet specially served during Teej Rakshabandhan festivals. It is disc-shaped, and made from Clarified butter, flour and sugar syrup. There are many varieties of Ghevar, such as plain, mawa and malai ghevar. I make this ghevar for valentine with little twist.
1. 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2. 1/4 cup clarified butter (ghee) in room temperature
3. 1/2 cup fresh beetroot juice
4. Lukewarm water as needed
1. 1/2 kg. clarified butter or refined oil
For sugar syrup:
1. 1/2 cup sugar
2. 1/4 cup water
3. 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
1. few chopped pistachio
2. melted chocolate
1. In wide bowl add ¼ ghee and all purpose flour and whisk with help your finger.
2. Whisk this batter until 15 to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes add fresh beetroot juice and about ¼ cup of lukewarm water.
3. Make very smooth batter. If batter is still thick add more water and whisk.
4. Batter has to be of pouring consistency. Keep aside this batter.
5. For sugar syrup add water and sugar in one pan and make syrup of one and half thread consistency. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Take one small tube shape pan or deep pan. Fill half of the tube with ghee or refined oil and heat very slow flame.
7. Once the ghee is hot, take a long handed ladle full of batter and pour in a thin line in the center of ghee. Lots of foam forms on the surface. Now Flame should be on medium high.
8. With a skewer make a hole in the centre of the ghevar. Wait for few minutes.
9. With the help of a skewer take out the ghevar in kitchen paper.
10. Pour some sugar syrup in top of the ghevar.
11. Garnish with chopped pistachio, silver and melted chocolate.
Note: Here I make small quantity of ghevar, if u are making big thick and large quantity of ghevar that time add 3 to 4 times batter in center of ghee in every 2 minutes interval or the foam gets settled again.That process give big thick ghevar.
You may also like :
You may also like :