For outer layer:
1. 1 cup all-purpose flour
2. 2 tablespoon clarified butter
3. Luke warm milk needed
4. oil or ghee for deep fry
1. 1/2 cup solid milk (Khoya/mava)
2. 3 tablespoon lightly roasted semolina (suji/rava)
3. 1 teaspoon clarified butter
4. 2 tablespoon sugar powder
5. 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
6. 2 tablespoon chopped nuts
7. 1 tablespoon raisin
8. Oil or ghee for deep fry
1. In a bowl take the flour and ghee, mix well.
2. Add in milk as required to make soft dough. Keep aside.
3. Heat the 1 teaspoon ghee in frying pan, add in solid milk.
4. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes than remove.
5. In bowl mix khoya, nuts, sugar, semolina and cardamom powder. Keep aside.
6. Knead the dough and divide into about 15 to 20 equal parts and roll onto balls.
7. Roll each ball to make a not too thin puri.
8. Take a 1/2 tablespoon of the stuffing in the middle of the puri.
9. Dip finger in a water bowl and run the finger along the edge of the puri.
10. Fold the puri in half and stick the edge properly.
11. Make sure the edges are completely sealed otherwise they will open while frying.
12. Press on the edge, fold it inside and tip that comes out press it again and fold it and keep continuing the process. Its create a nice design.
13. Continue stuffing the rest of the ghughara in the same manner.
14. Deep fry the ghughara in medium hot oil in low flame till light golden brown.
15. Cool it and ready to be served.
You may also like: