Falafel is a very famous and delicious Middle Eastern gourmet appetizer. It’s made from a deep fried paste of chick peas, onions and different herbs and spices.
1. 2 cups boiled chick peas
2. 1 onion chopped
3. 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
4. 1/4 cup coriander chopped
5. 1 tablespoon ground cumin
6. 5 cloves garlic crushed
7. 2 teaspoon black pepper
8. Salt to taste
9. 1/4 cup corn flour
10. Oil for deep fry
1. Combine all the ingredients for falafel and grind using food processor.
2. Run the food processor for a couple of minutes until they turn into a paste.
3. If needed add little water than divide this dough into equal parts and make patties or balls.
4. Heat the oil in frying pan on medium high heat.
5. Slowly drop the Falafel in the oil and fry until they are brown.
6. Serve Falafel with pita bread, salad, tahini sauce or with hummus.
Baking the FalafelLayer the Falafel patties on an oven tray that has been lightly oiled and bake in the oven at 200º C for 7 to 10 minutes.
You may also like: