For Samosa pastry:
1. 1 cup all-purpose flour
2. 1 ½ tablespoons semolina
3. 1 ½ tablespoons oil
4. Salt to taste
5. Water as needed
6. 1/4 cup water + 1 tablespoon flour
1. Take 1 tbsp flour and water than make smooth paste. Keep aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients in bowl, using water and knead stiff dough.
3. Cover the dough in muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into equal golf size ball.
5. Roll each ball into circle and toast slightly on griddle.
6. Cover this roti in kitchen towel and put in airtight container.
1. 2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
2. 1/4 cup split chickpea
3. 1/2 cup green peas (frozen) mashed
4. 1 teaspoon garam masala
5. 1 teaspoon coriander powder
6. 1 tablespoon green chili-ginger paste
7. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric power
8. 1 teaspoon red chili powder or taste
9. 2 tablespoon oil
10. 1 tablespoon mint leaves chopped
11. 1/2 teaspoon tea masala (optional)
12. 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
13. Salt to taste
14. 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
and soak split chickpea about one hour than drain the all water. Wash
· Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add cumin seeds when it splutter add asafetida, red chili powder and sesame seeds.
· In one bowl add this mixture and other filling ingredients. Mix well.
· Take one Samosa pastry should be cut in four part (Triangle shape) and each part folded. (Following the directions of snaps).
· Pick this triangle and fold into a cone shape. Brush with paste and sealed the edge.
· Place about 1 tsp of filling in cone the edge of the brick and then fold across into a triangle, trimming any excess and brush with paste and sealed the edge.
· Brush with melted butter or cooking spray on both sides of samosas.
· Place the "samosas" onto a baking sheet or strong sheet of aluminum foil. Bake at 375F / 175C for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy.
* You can prepare Samosa and can be freeze for a month.
* Before freezing bake them enough until samosa changes the color to gold brown.
* After samosas are on room temperature bag them in zip lock bags and freeze them.
You may also like:
You may also like: