1. 1 cup all purpose flour
2. 1 teaspoon dry yeast
3. 1/2 cup lukewarm water
4. 1 teaspoon sugar
5. 1 teaspoon clarified butter or oil
6. 2 teaspoon corn flour or gram flour
7. A pinch of orange food color
8. Pistachio, almond, cashew chopped for garnish
9. Oil for deep fry
For Sugar Syrup:
1. 1 1/2 cup sugar
2. 1 cup water
3. 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
4. 2 teaspoon lime juice
1. In bowl take all purpose flour, corn flour, butter, sugar and orange color together.
2. Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup lukewarm warm water and let it sit for five minutes.
3. Add the yeast mixture in flour mixture and add enough water to make a thick smooth batter.
4. Mix well till all lumps are dissolved and batter is smooth.
5. Cover the bowl and allow the batter to rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Make sure the batter is fermented, but do not over ferment. After fermenting batter will be little lacy.
7. In one heavy bottom pan put the sugar and water to boil.
8. Reduce the flame and simmer till you attain a one string consistency or you can check with candy thermometer 95C/200F.
9. Now add cardamom powder, lemon juice and rose syrup, mix well. Turn off the flame.
10. Fill the Jalebi batter into a piping bag or sauce bottle. (empty ketchup bottle).
11. Heat the oil in a flat frying pan, check if the oil is ready, put one drop of batter in the oil, the batter should sizzle and come up without changing in color right away.
12. Squeeze the Jalebi batter out in the hot oil in a small circular motions or pretzel shape to about 2 inches in diameter.
14. Transfer into the warm syrup.
15. Let jalebi soak in the hot syrup for a few seconds and take out and shake off excess sugar syrup and place onto a plate.
16. Serve with rabdi or warm milk or as you wish.
1. 1 cup milk
2. 1 cup paneer
3. 1/2 cup condensed milk
4. 4 tablespoon chopped Pistachios, almonds and cashews
5. 2 tablespoon cashew powder
6. 5 to 6 strands saffron
1. Mix all ingredients and in heavy bottom pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until thick.
2. Stir constantly, add nuts and chilled in refrigerator.
3. In microwave cook uncovered on high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir every 1 minute.
You may also like: