Lasaniya batata or bataka is very famous kathiyavad (saurashatra) street dish. "Lasaniya" is gujarati word, it means Garlic. Its very spicy dish with lots of garlic. usually People eat with rice crackers. Many people serve in main course also.
1. 250 grams baby potato parboiled
2. 1 big red onion chopped
3. 5 to 6 tablespoon oil
4. 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
5. 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
6. 1 bay leaf
7. 1 teaspoon red chili powder
8. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
9. Salt to taste
10. Coriander leaves for garnish
1. 6 to 7 whole dry Kashmiri red chilli or 2 tablespoon powder soak in water
2. 3 tablespoon garlic paste
3. 1 teaspoon ginger paste
4. 1 big tomato chopped
5. 1 teaspoon chat masala
6. 1 teaspoon garam masala
7. 1 tablespoon cumin - coriander powder
1. Wash and parboil baby potato in salted water after cool than remove the skin.
2. Grind all paste ingredients in grinder and make smooth paste.
3. Heat the oil in pan adds asafetida and bay leaf.
4. Than add finely chopped onion and sauté until light brown.
5. Now add red chili powder and turmeric powder and sauté for few seconds.
6. Now add paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until oil start separate.
7. Add in this pan parboiled potato stir well, cook for 1 minute.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice crackers or as u wish.
If u do not have baby potatoes substituted with large potatoes, cut them into small 1 inch cubes.
Use kashmiri whole dry chilies or powder asYou may also like:
taste it’s give very nice red color with less spiciness.