during winter we Kathiyawadi people make many type of pak(Warming Foods), India
During winter its colder outside, and we need extra calories to stay warm. During winter we eat lots of energy food, which are often high in calories and fat, break down more slowly in the digestive tract, releasing a steady flow of energy to the body and raising internal body temperature which helps during this cold winter months.
Paak (Warming Foods), is one type of sweet, in this we used many type of spices/herbs which provides energy and heat to the body.
During winter different type of Paak usually prepared in most of Gujarati/Indian home they are like Adu (fresh ginger) paak, Meethi (fenugreek) paak, paied, gund (gum) paak, khajur (dates) paak and most popular Adadiya paak. This is really delicious winter cake. You can store this for a month. So let’s try my traditional recipe….
1. 2 cups split black gram flour (adad no lot)
2. 2 cups clarified butter (ghee)
3. 1/2 cup milk
4. 1/2 cup gum (goond)
5. 1+ 3/4 cup sugar
6. 2 teaspoon cardamom powder
7. 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
8. 1/2 cup shredded coconut dry or fresh
9. 1/4 cup dry ginger powder (soth powder)
10. 1 tablespoon ganthoda powder
11. 1 teaspoon white musli Powder(safed musli, khairuva, asparagus), optional
12. 1 teaspoon black musli powder ( taalmuli, curculigo orchioides gaertn),optional
13. 1/2 teaspoon long pepper powder optional
14. 1/4 teaspoon mace (javitri) powder
15. 1/2 cup almond chopped for garnish
· Take 2 cups split black gram flour ( urad dal flour should be coarse like suji, make sure its not in powder foam).
· In large bowl combine flour, milk and ¼ cup clarified butter, mix thoroughly. (We called in this process dhabo)
· After half hour sieve this flour by pressing mildly. Set aside.
· In heavy bottomed pan Heat the clarified butter and fry edible gum on high flame. Set aside.
· Chopped edible gum uneven and make coarsely powder using a mortar.
· Add the flour in clarified butter and Roast it on a low flame stirring continuously till light brown or until 25 to 35 minutes.
· Once it is browned add finely chopped edible gum.
· Mix well turn off the flame, let it cool 10 to 15 minutes.
· Add in all spices powder, sugar and coconut, mix very well.
· Spread it on a square or round plate garnish with almonds. Cool 3 to 4 hours than cut.
· For make typical adadiya shape (like
) cool this mixture about 2 hours. Small Mountain
· Take some mixture in plate and pressing with your finger give shape like mountain and again cool 2 to 3 hours they are hard and ready to eat.
· Store in an airtight container eat one or two pieces in breakfast with milk.
You may also like:
You may also like: