Tiramisu is one of the very famous Italian dessert. this dessert has many variations, the only constant ingredient being the mascarpone cheese.
In traditional recipe made using egg. here i am using whipping cream instead of egg .Enjoy this gourmet cake recipe with your family and friends.
1. 30 savoiardi (lady fingers) biscuits
2. 1 cup mascarpone cheese
3. 1 cup heavy whipping cream
4. 4 tablespoon icing sugar
5. 1 tablespoon coffee syrup
6. 1/2 teaspoon chocolate essence (optional)
7. 1 tablespoon coco powder to dust
For Coffee Syrup:
1. 1/2 tablespoon strong coffee powder
2. 1 tablespoon sugar
3. 1/2 cup water
1. Grated white chocolate
2. Black and white wafer chocolate stick (leftover)
1. Take coffee syrup ingredients in a pan and boil it, leave to cool and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk mascarpone cheese with two tbsp of coffee syrup and three tbsp icing sugar than mix until blended.
3. In another bowl, with a manual whisk, whisk the whipping cream and chocolate essence, one tbsp icing sugar until soft peak (do not over whip).
4. Fold mascarpone mixture and whipping cream mixture together and mix well.
5. A nice fluffy filling is ready :), set aside.
6. Cut to lady fingers about 3" in length, save the leftover small pieces.
7. Arrange the lady fingers line the sides of a 7" or 9" round spring form pan. (Do not dip them in the coffee syrup).
8. Now gently dip the another lady finger in coffee syrup.
9. Arrange the line of base pan and cover the base fully (here use left over lady finger pieces to fill the gape).
10. Spoon over half of the filling, spread evenly.
11. Repeat with another layer of lady finger and remaining filling.
12. Spread filling very smooth the top and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, best left overnight.
13. Unmold the cake and dust the top with cocoa powder.
14. Decorate with grated white chocolate and leftover black and white chocolate cut in small piece and arrange same like picture.
* Remove the mascarpone cheese from the refrigerator early enough and Whip it vigorously until very soft
* Dip the ladyfingers in the coffee very fast. Don’t let the lady finger biscuits absorb too much liquid or they may become too soft and mushy.
* If you don't have a spring form pan, you can use a normal baking round pan with a large sheet of aluminum foil and Give allowance of about 1~2 inches for the foil to hang over the rim of the pan.Place a cake board inside the lined pan.
* To unmold, simply lift up the cake from the pan by gripping the foil. Transfer the cake onto a serving plate and carefully remove the foil.
You may also like: