Yield: 12 to 15 pieces
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
1. 1 liter whole milk
2. 1/2 cup full fat milk powder
3. 1/2 teaspoon alum powder
4. 1/2 cup sugar
5. 2 tablespoon clarified butter
6. 1/2 teaspoon crushed cardamom
7. 1/8 teaspoon cardamom seeds
8. 1 tablespoon sliced almond and pistachios
1. In large, heavy bottom, non-stick pan bring the milk to a boil, in over medium high heat.
2. When milk comes to a boil, add alum powder and stir the milk gently.
3. It will begin to curdle. Continue to cook and stir with wider spatula consistently 15 minutes.
4. Now add milk powder and cook until milk is grainy and thick.
5. After 5 minutes add sugar, clarified butter and cardamom powder.
6. Keep stirring and cooking, till it becomes solid or dense.
7. You will feel that it will take little effort for stirring.
8. Transfer mixture to the greased plate and press firmly.
9. Sprinkle almond, pistachios and cardamom on top and press it.
10. Let it cool completely about 3 to 4 hours than slicing into individual pieces.
11. Store in refrigerator for a week.
You may also like: