1. 4 cups pasteurized full cream milk
2. 1/2 cup buttermilk,curd or 1/4 cup vinegar
1. Mix milk and curd or vinegar, stir well cover.
2. Set for 12 hours in warm place or until the curds and whey separate.
3. Dampen a clean tea towel and use it to line a sieve. Place the sieve over a basin.
4. Pour the curds and whey into the strainer. Bring the tea towel together so that it covers your quark and do it up with a rubber band.
5. Place the entire draining apparatus in the fridge.
6. Allow to drain in the fridge overnight, or for 24 hours.
7. The drained quark should have a consistency similar to sour cream, but it has a more sour taste.
You may also like: