1. 1/2 cup split yellow mustard seeds
2. 250 grams green chilies (Jalapeño pepper )
3. 1 teaspoon split fenugreek seeds
4. 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
5. 2 tablespoons oil
6. 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoon vinegar
7. 1 teaspoon asafetida powder
8. 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1. Wash, wipe and slit green chilies lengthwise or round shape.
2. Toss the chilies and take out the seeds don’t skip this step otherwise your pickle is very hot.
3. Take oil in a pan, heat it for 2 min on medium flame.
4. Remove from flame and allow it cool for few minutes.
5. Now add asafetida, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, and salt. Mix it very well.
6. When it gets completely cool add all green chilies and lemon juice into it, mix it very well.
7. Fill this pickle into glass jar and keep it for 2-3 days. Once in a day mix it well with the spoon.
8. Athela marcha (green chili pickle) is ready to eat after 2-3 days. It can last long for 15 days. If you want to keep it longer put in refrigerate.
9. It is a good going with Thepla and Dhebra or any Gujarati dishes.
you may also like: