1. 2 cups gram flour (besan)
2. 1 tablespoon garlic paste
3. 1 ½ tablespoons red chili powder
4. Salt to taste
5. 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
6. Water as needed
7. Oil- for deep frying
8. A pinch of baking soda
1. In one large bowl combine the salt, turmeric powder, garlic paste, soda, red chili powder and 1 tbsp water.
2. Add gram flour with enough water and make a soft dough. (carefully add water don’t add more otherwise dough may be too sticky)
3. Grease your hand with little oil and cover the dough.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Place the dough in a Gathiya mould.
5. When oil becomes hot, holding the machine over the oil and turn handle of machine to force the dough through mould.
6. Deep fry gathiya on medium high heat until it is light brown in colour. (becareful don’t fry more otherwise burn we add red chili powder that’s why the gathiyas color are red.)
7. Drain on paper towel. Do the same process for remaining dough.
8. After cool Gathiya store in an air tight container.