1. 3 large onions
2. 1 teaspoon white poppy seeds
3. 2 tablespoon chopped cashewnuts
4. 2 tablespoon melon (magajtari) seeds
5. 2 tablespoon ghee or butter
6. 1 tablespoon oil
7. 1 tablespoon green chili paste
8. 1/2 cup whipping cream
9. 1/2 cup milk
10. 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
11. 1/2 teaspoon Punjabi garam masala
12. 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
13. 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
1. Soak cashewnuts, poppy seeds and melon seeds in half cup of warm water for half an hour.
2. Grind the cashew mixture in to a smooth paste.
3. Cut the onions into big pieces, add 1 cup of water and boil.
4. When cooked, remove the water and blend in mixer.
5. Heat the oil and ghee in pan add onion paste green chili paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Add cashew paste, cardamom powder and garam masala, stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Now add cream and milk than cook for 5 to 7 minutes or till it get thickened.
8. Add kasuri methi, salt and pepper mix well.
9. Add whisked yogurt, stir and cook for minute.
10. Store in refrigerator for 3 to 4days and freeze for week.
11. Use Punjabi dishes such as methi malai mutter, shahi paneer, navratna korma, and many more…