1. 1 cup rice
2. 1/2 cup split moog beans with skin
3. 1/4 tsp turmeric
4. Salt to taste
5. Water as needed
6. Ghee (clarified butter) for serveing
1. Wash the mung beans and rice together. Drain.
2. Add salt, turmeric and water than pressure cook for 3
whistles and set aside till the steam has been released.
3. Take it out from pressure cooker, add the ghee and mix
4. Serve hot with Kadhi and Papad (also Lasun Chutney).
1. 1 cup yogurt 2. 2-3 teaspoon chick pea flour 3. Small piece of jaggery 4. Salt (depends on sourness of curd) 5. 5-6 curry leaves 6. 1 teaspoon mustard seeds 7. 1 teaspoon ginger chili paste 8. A pinch of asafetida 9. 1/4 teaspoon turmeric 10. 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder 11. 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder 12. 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed 13. 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seed 14. 1/4 dry or fresh fenugreek leaves 15. 1 small onion finely chopped Method: 1. In one saucepan add yogurt, chickpea
flour, water, turmeric, fenugreek leaves, jaggery, ginger, chili, coriander
powder and chili powder. 2. Mix well to avoid any lump formation. 3. Chopped onion, heat oil in a pan and add
mustard - fenugreek seed and cumin seeds. 4. Little cracking seeds than add asafetida
and chopped onion sauté for 1 minute. 5. Now add curry leaves and yogurt mixture
and cook 5 to 7 minutes. Keep stirring. 6. Garnish with fenugreek , coriander or
curry leaves. 7. Serve hot Kadhi soup with Khichdi.