Gujarati cuisine has special place all over
. Sev tomato sabji is very famous curry to Gujarati (Kathiyawadi) cuisine. 90% kathiyawadi people like this sabji. This is not only a delicious dish, but also quick, easy to make and looks very different than normal main course dishes. India
- 3 cups tomato cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup sev-bhujiya
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander – cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Water as needed
- Heat the oil in a frying pan add the mustard and cumin seeds after cracking seeds add asofatida and tomato than cook 2 minutes.
- Add all other spices and 1 cup water than cook. stir occasionally.
- Cook another 2 minutes and add sev bhujiya than mix well and cook just 1 minute.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with sev bhujiya.
- Serve hot with roti, chapatti, bhakri or parathas.
Note: Normally this curry is little spicy and not to much dry.
You may also like: