The cheese will need to rest for at least a day before use.
This cheese won't have preservatives and will need to be consumed within a few days.
1. 500 ml. or 2 cups heavy whipping cream
2. 1/4 teaspoon citric acid
3. 1 tablespoon water
4. Candy thermometer
1. Pour the whipping cream in heavy bottom pan.
2. Put in stove and whisk constantly.
3. Mix water and citric acid in a bowl.
4. When the cream is warm add candy thermometer in pan.
5. Whisk over the heat until the cream reaches a temperature of 85º C. or 185º F. in candy thermometer now add citric acid.
6. Keep stirring in 85º C. degrees about five minutes than remove from heat.
7. Remove from heat and allow to cool, whisking occasionally.
8. Cover the lid and leave the cream in warm place about 7 to 8 hours.
9. Pour the mixture into a bowl through a thick cheesecloth.
10. Drain the water and thick mascarpone cheese is ready.
You may also like: