1. 1 cup wheat flour
2. 1 cup all-purpose flour
3. 2 tablespoon oil
4. Salt to taste
5. Luke warm water
6. Oil for shallow fry and brushing
7. Wheat flour for dusting
1. Place salt and oil in the mixing bowl, add both flour and mix well.
2. Add in water and make smooth and pliable dough.
3. Knead well and keep the dough under a damp cloth for 1 hour.
4. Knead the dough again before using and divide into 6 to 7 equal parts.
5. Roll each ball thinly into flat round disc.
6. Take one roti, using brush and apply a teaspoon of oil over the top.
7. Sprinkle with little flour and spread evenly.
8. Fold the roti like a fan, stretch the roti fan into long rope.
9. Make it into pinwheel and press it lightly in dry flour from both sides.
10. Repeat the same for the remaining rotis.
11. Again cover the all pinwheel and give rest for 30 minutes.
12. Now dust the rolling board with flour, flatten the each pinwheel with rolling pan, carefully roll it, do not press hard to avoid losing the layering effect.
13. Heat the griddle and drizzle some oil or butter.
14. Shallow fry each paratha until light brown spots appear flip and cook the other side.
15. After done hold the paratha in your hand and press both side so you can see layers than serve.
16. Serve with any kind of curry or with yogurt and pickle.
You may also like: