1. 2 cups wheat flour
2. 1/2 cup semolina (suji)
3. 1/2 cup split mung / yellow lentil paste
4. 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped
5. 1 tablespoon cumin
6. 2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
7. 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
8. 2 teaspoon red chili powder
9. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
10. 2 tablespoon lemon juice
11. 1 tablespoon sugar
12. 6 tablespoon oil
13. Salt to taste
14. oil for deep frying
1. Wash and soak mung lentil in water about 1 hour.
2. Grind mung dal and make smooth thick paste
3. Take one large mixing bowl, add all spices, flour and 1/2 cup mung dal paste. Mix well.
4. If you needed add water and mix with your hands to make a soft to firm dough.
5. Cover the dough and rest for 5 minutes
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan for deep frying.
7. Place the dough in lightly greased sev maker with star disc.
8. Form chakris in a circular pattern on a plate.
9. Once oil is hot carefully fry 2 to 4 chakris.
10. Once the chakris turn light golden, flip them over fry other side until light golden.
11. Remove chaklis from oil onto a paper towel.
12. Cool completely store in an airtight container.
If you don't have sev maker than divide the dough, roll out the roti ,cut into diamond shaped and deep fry.
You may also like: