1. 3 to 4 ridge gourds
2. 7 to 8 small sized colocassia leaves
3. 1 teaspoon coriander powder
4. 1/2 teaspoon asafetida
5. 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
6. 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For colocassia stuffing:
1. 1 tablespoon oil
2. 1 1/2 cup bengal gram flour
3. 1 tablespoon ginger- chili- garlic paste
4. 2 tablespoon palm sugar
5. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
7. 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
8. 1/2 teaspoon asafetida
9. 1/2 cup yogurt
10. 1/8 teaspoon soda bi- carb
11. Water as needed
12. Salt to taste
1. 3 tablespoon oil
2. 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
3. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4. 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
5. 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
1. Scrape off the ridges skin wash and cut in big pieces.
2. Wash and clean colocasia leaves.
3. Place the leaves with the vein side facing and remove the veins using a sharp knife and keep aside.
4. Combine all the stuffing ingredients together in a bowl and make thick smooth paste.
5. Take one colocasia leaf and Place a leaf with the tip facing towards you.
6. Apply stuffing mixture and spread it using your fingers to make an even layer.
7. Place another leaf over this and apply stuffing process.
8. Tuck in the edges along the length and tightly roll like a swish roll.
9. Repeat with the rest of the leaves.
10. Now heat oil in pan add mustard, cumin, asafetida and sesame seeds, let splutter.
11. Add ridge gourd and stir well now add turmeric, chilli, coriander powder and salt, mix well.
12. Add 2 cups of water, after boil water add patra (colocassia rolls),cook covered in medium flame. If needed add water. (don’t stir until cooked)
13. After cook completely add lemon juice and mix well.
14. Serve hot with Roti or Phulka.
For this curry u can use left over patra too.
Always use black or purple stemed colocasia leaves for making patra.
You may also like: