Som tam is a very common dish eaten throughout
1. 2 cups shredded raw papaya
2. 2 tomatoes halves
3. 1/2 cup long beans (optional)
4. 1/4 cup toasted skinless peanuts
5. 4 to 5 garlic cloves
6. 4 to 5 spur thai chilies
7. 1 tablespoon palm sugar
8. 1/4 cup lemon juice
9. 1 teaspoon soy sauce
10. Salt to taste
1. Peel the papaya and remove seeds and shred in long.
2. Take mortal and pestle, add into garlic and chilies than pound till broken up.
3. Now add palm sugar and pound, than add lemon juice.
4. Smash with pestle to dissolve the palm sugar.
5. Add long beans and tomato and crush lightly.
6. Take one large bowl add mix all ingredients.
7. Mix well and sprinkle more peanuts for garnish.
8. Enjoy with sticky rice, jasmine rice or as aside dish.
· Use tamarind juice instead of lemon juice.
· If you want the papaya to be crunchier, peel the papaya and put it into water and leave it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
· You can settle on
ur own balance of ingredients to make
it to ur taste.
You may also like: