A crunchy tikki make using bread, vegetables and Indian spices…It’s very easy, quick and delicious recipe.
1. 4 to 5 sliced whole wheat bread
2. 1/2 cup shredded carrot
3. 1/2 cup par boiled peas
4. 1/2 cup chopped onion
5. 1/8 cup chopped coriander
6. 2 tablespoon curd
7. 1 teaspoon ginger – chili paste
8. 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
9. 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
10. Salt to taste & oil for deep frying
1. 1 tablespoon oil
2. 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
3. 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1. Crushed the bread in blander. In large bowl add carrot, onion, ginger- chili paste and mix well.
2. Crushed the peas and mix with bread mixture.
3. Now add all another ingredients and mix well.
4. To temper, heat the one tablespoon oil add mustard seeds and asafetida.
5. Fry till the seeds stop stuttering.
6. Sprinkle this in bread mixture and mix well.
7. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into round flat tikkis.
8. Heat the oil in deep frying pan and fry the tikki till they turn golden brown.
9. Serve hot with tea, coffee or ketchup.
You may also like: