1. 1 cup shredded coconut (fresh or frozen)
2. 1 cup all purpose flour
3. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
5. 1/2 cup carnation condensed milk
6. 1/2 cup butter
7. 1/4 cup granulated sugar
8. 1/3 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. In a bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and condensed milk. Whisk until light and fluffy.
4. Mix flour and coconut very well.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients and milk to the wet ingredients and stir. Don't over mix. Scrape the bowl with a spatula couple of times and fold.
6. Grease a pan with butter and flour it tapping out the excess.
7. Pour the batter into pan. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Serve warm with tea. Leftovers can be refrigerated and eaten the next day reheated in the microwave.