Methi Thepla (Gujarati flat bread made with fresh Fenugreek Leaves) is very famous
Gujarat (North Indian) dinner or breakfast dish and serve this Thepla with a dry potato curry, yogurt, Mango pickle or jam or cup of tea. my many friend requested so I’m sharing this dish on my blog it's very easy dish and of course very delicious. You can store this bread up 2 to 4 day at room temperature and on refrigerator a month.
1. 2 cups wheat flour
2. 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
3. 1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves or 1/2 cup dry leaves (kasuri methi)
4. 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
5. 1 teaspoon coriander - cumin seeds powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
7. 1 teaspoon green chili paste
8. 1 teaspoon garlic paste (optional)
9. 1 teaspoon ginger paste
10. 2 tablespoon oil
11. Salt to taste
12. Water as needed
13. Oil for shallow fry
1. Mix all spices, fenugreek and oil in one large bowl.
2. Add both flour and water as needed and make soft to firm dough.
3. Covered and leave for about 10 minutes.
4. Knead the dough again and make large lime sized balls.
5. Roll the balls with the help of a rolling pin, and make a thick roti.
6. Heat a griddle and place the thepla, spread the oil and cook on both the sides at medium heat till both the sides are cooked well.
7. Serve these Methi Thepla hot with Tea or chilled Yogurt, Pickle or with a Suki bhaji (Potato curry) of your choice and enjoy.
For Suki Bhaji (dry potato curry)
1. 1 cup boiled potatoes
2. 1 tablespoon green chili paste
3. 1 tsp ginger paste
4. 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
5. 3 tablespoon oil
6. 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
7. 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
8. 1/2 teaspoon coriander - cumin seeds powder
9. 1 teaspoon lime juice
10. Salt to taste
11. Coriander leaves finely chopped for garnish
1. Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds asafetida and fry for few seconds.
2. Add potatoes and all other ingredients and mix well.
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a low heat and last add lime juice, mix well.
4. Garnish with coriander. It's ready to serve.You may also like: